Primary Care – Mental Health Assessment for 8 to 12 year olds
Contact Form for Primary Care – Mental Health Assessment for 8 to 12-Year-Olds
This assessment is a proactive screening for Anxiety, Depression, and other Mental Health issues. It is not the right evaluation for your child if you suspect autism in any form or if your child has already been diagnosed with autism. Please contact us via our New Patient contact form.
You will also need to bypass this assessment and go to a psychiatric ER or go directly to a psychiatrist, if your child is Talking/Planning Suicide; in a school district’s Disciplinary Alternative Education Placement; Hearing Voices; or having Violent Aggressions towards others.
Just like your primary care physician reviews the Physical wellbeing of your child we want to review the Emotional and Mental wellbeing of your child. The earlier a mental health disorder is diagnosed, the better the outcome. Some factors discussed during assessment include:
- Sleep patterns are always discussed.
- For all diagnosed disorders, we require medication treatment by a psychiatrist. We require cognitive behavior therapy and academic testing by psychologist.
- Our staff will follow up with the parent(s) to determine if our recommendations are being followed. Collective, collaborative care and shared decision making are reasons for follow up.
- Patient self-assessment is essential. The self-report is more likely to be accurate than the child answering verbal questions.
- Parent and teacher assessments are also keys to successful evaluation.
Fees & Payment
This evaluation is typically one appointment for $500. We do not file claims with insurance companies as they do not allow the extra time needed for a mental health assessment by a physician. Please fill out the following form to request your mental health appointment. One of our team members will be in contact with you shortly to discuss your options, answer your questions, and set up a time for your assessment.